Thursday, July 16, 2009

51 Days



This whole thing may blow over after all. I don't necessarily buy it because one guy at WKYT says so. Still, I would have expected any charges based on last Saturday to come by now. It is weird to see an outlet say, "This story we never brought you in the first place is in fact not a story." The station is admitting something newsworthy happened that it chose not to report. Because, like it or not, WKTY deemed it a story. Otherwise it would not report that the incident was going to blow over. This may explain why the rest of the media remains silent, if in fact the police have affimatively decided not to bring charges and have said so.


With this hopefully behind us, let me reset this thing mid-summer. Players report for camp on August 6. Practice starts the next day. Fan Day at Commonwealth is August 8th, time TBA. Hopefully my man crush on Micah Johnson won't show as I'm asking him to sign my kid's jersey.

Of course, the season opens September 5, 12:00pm at Paul Brown Stadium again Miami (OH). That is 50 days 21 hours and fourty-eight minutes, as I type.

UK Football Fan will swing back into action full-time the week of August 17th. Some ideas I am toying with are a regular publication schedule for my own content (say Sunday, Tuesday and Friday) and possibly more frequent links to other UK Football content on the web. I am looking for other ways to make the site better and to reach more people. If you have thoughts on this, let me know either as a comment or at ascutch@insightbb.com .

1 comment:

 
Site Meter