Friday, September 4, 2009

Christmas Eve

As I await tomorrow's opener with the giddiness of a small child, I don't have much to say that hasn't been said.

* The three players I am most interested in watching tomorrow are Mike Hartline, Chris Matthews and DeQuinn Evans.

* Along those lines, I think there are two big things to look for tomorrow. First, can the inexperienced Defensive Ends deliver and put some pressure on the quarterback. Second, can Mike Hartline and the WRs put together a sustainable vertical offense. To be clear, if these things work out tomorrow, it doesn't mean they will against the rest of our competition. But if we cannot accomplish these things against Redhawks, we have no chance of doing it in the SEC, and it could be a long season.

* When I asked a friend why he wasn't going tomorrow, he had a pretty good insight, "if it is a good game, that means we played like crap and I don't want to be there." It is a fair point.

* I'd like to see Micah Johnson play, but come out as soon as the outcome is no longer in doubt.

* It looks like things will be first come first served in the Bengals' parking lot tomorrow. We will be there somewhere whooping it up starting at about 9:30. Yes, this is a bad idea. No, days like this never end well. Yes, I am going to do it anyway. Shoot me a text if you are around (859) 4 nine 2- 98 zero 9. We are in Section 130, at the bottom. Not sure where the day takes us after the ballgame, but we are spending the night with the Zs in Covington.

* Check out the new poll question, which I think is an intriguing sub-plot. Though I like to see some fresh legs on a series or two I don't like running back by committee. Last year all the shuffling seemed to take everyone out of rhythm. Of all the positive things coming out of camp, one thing you aren't hearing is high praise of our tailbacks. It is troubling. If someone could emerge and be "the guy" this season, I think it helps.

* I am going to try for the video post at some point over the weekend. Depending on when I turn it on, it could be stupid or funny, or a combination of both.

* I e-mailed a Miami (OH) sports web site to ask if someone was willing to do a guest appearance on the blog and the pricks never responded. So the hell with them and their whole preppy school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold the bloody marys till after the game, or you will be hungover forever. I hope Micah doesn't play tomorrow, rest that foot, we don't need him with a bad case of plantar problems when we go into the guts of the season. Go Cats!

Unknown said...

On both the second and third scoring drives, especially the third, Hartline made some really great touch passes, showed patience and looked like a leader on the field. Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Cobb consensus all-american at the end of the season. We have an offensive line! Hartline had time to pick up 2nd and 3rd recievers. Lindley for KING!

 
Site Meter