Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Touchdown Kentucky

I totally bit this clip because it also appeared on Kentucky Sports Radio earlier today, but with the Governor's Cup upcoming, I think this has to be memorialized on my site. This play is without a doubt my favorite in person moment as a sports fan and, as sad as this might sound to some, one of the fifteen best moments in my life. Commonwealth was electric that day. You could tell walking across the parking lot that something was in the air, and the game delivered all the goods. If you recall, on the play immediately prior to this a personal foul had nullified a big gain and the game looked over. Then this. I still cannot believe Louisville let Stevie get this open with so little time on the clock. We've had worse luck as UK Football Fans, but never better, and certainly never at such a big moment. I remember my wife jumping into my arms as we both looked on in disbelief just like it was yesterday.

And, as Matt Jones points out, this moment is even greater in retrospect, as it may have changed the fortunes of both teams for the forseeable future. I don't think Saturday is going to top this, but I will be thinking about this game a lot.

No comments:

 
Site Meter