Monday, October 19, 2009

Is Rich Brooks reading UK Football Fan?

Of course not, but this bears mention. If I were a better writer and didn't waste so many words, we'd have said the same thing.

Here was my post this morning as it related to Will Fidler:

Sometimes things don't go your way as an athlete. Hearing that he wasn't starting this game had to be crushing for Will. As a fourth year senior, his chance had finally come, until he learned that his freshman teammate who had never thrown a college pass was taking what I'm sure he thought was a spot he'd earned. Will kept his head up and delivered when he was called upon. I feel great for him.


As reported by John Clay, here was what Rich Brooks said about Will at today's press luncheon:

“I couldn’t be proud of Will Fidler if he were my own son. It hasn’t gone his way, so to speak. But he’s come out every day and competes and works to get it done. . . . Last week was the ultimate slap in the face for him when we elected to start the freshman quarterback and he handled it well.”

While we are here, I cannot imagine a higher compliment to get from your head coach.

No comments:

 
Site Meter