Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where we are

First off, I am taking my son down to Starkville this weekend for the game. I'm very excited about this and the trip will get its own separate post this week and hopefully a wrapup post next week. We are going to make our own fun. My friend Chuck put it best when I asked him what there was to do in Starkville, "Watch football." Still, I'll end up breaking it all down before and after.

With that said, it does appear that UK Football Fan is on its last legs. While I really appreciate the people who are still reading, I've lost some interest in the project somewhere along the way. It has nothing to do with the team or this season, it is more the writing aspect that has me. I'm not happy with the product and just don't think it is fresh or interesting. I'm so passionate and nerdily well informed about the topic that the writing is dry. Also, the site is never going to reach a wide audience if it isn't updated regularly, which is not something I don't have the time or inclination to do.

My failure to post anything about the South Carolina win was the deathknell. That was a #1 or #2 moment in Commonwealth for me. Right up there with Louisville 07. If not for a time like that, there isn't any point in having a fan site.

I will continue to post content occasionally, particularly as it relates to the SEC bowl picture, always my favorite line of discussion. But we are certainly running out of steam. Again, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Dave Zahniser said...

Looking forward to the Bowl picture posts.

 
Site Meter