Thursday, January 8, 2009

Junior Defensive Studs-In or Out?

Here is all of the news I can find about the trio of Defensive players seeking counsel from the NFL Advisory Board about their pro prospects.

WKTY-27 reported last night that Trevard Lindley was projected to go in the second round and will leave UK. I certainly don't blame him. Thanks for everything, Trevard. After years of screaming "how did he get that open?" at the stadium and into the TV, Lindley was like a shot in the arm for me. Shutdown corners like that come along at UK once in a generation, if that.

Micah Johnson graded out as a third to fifth round pick and Jeremy Jarmon from 5-7. Both are reportedly staying put, though there is no official word from the school. Assuming this is true, it is a huge relief.

Chip Cosby of the Herald-Leader reports on his blog that Johnson has posted his intention to stay put on his Facebook page. How very 2009. (Incidentally, I learned while in Memphis that Chip and my wife went to elementary school together. I got to talk some UK Football with him down there. Hell of a nice guy.)

Again, no official word on any of this yet.

No comments:

 
Site Meter