Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm in Nashville

The UK Football Fan household is now basking in the afterglow of Christmas. I am waiting for my son to get off the Wii so I can get back to playing DJ Hero. Since he isn't going to do so voluntarily for some time, now is a good time for a blog post. Or not. I actually started this post on Christmas afternoon, aborted mission, and am now finishing up from the Opryland Hotel. I cannot tell if this is where the team is staying. I've seen Mitch Barnhart and Sam Maxwell, but neither are suiting up tomorrow, so who knows.

In any event, we are here. Hopefully we'll meet up with some Cats fans and have a nice day checking the place out with the kids. Tomorrow we'll get up leisurely, check out, and head for downtown. There we'll meet up with several friends and try to find a spot to warm up before the game. They are all big Bengals fans, so we'll be getting in front of a TV for that. The 7:30 start will make for an interesting dynamic. We will freeze out butts off, the game is going to end late, and I have to guard against the often fatal "too early start" on the day's festivities.

Bringing the kids means, among other things, that we'll be heading back to the hotel right after the game. Win, lose or draw, they'll be no repeat of 2008's Memphis shenanigans. Getting old stinks.

Anyway, we are off to a good start on our big weekend. If you are down here hit me up.

No comments:

 
Site Meter