Monday, December 28, 2009

Quick Postgame Summary

This was no doubt a frustrating night for UK Football Fan. First off, it was crazy cold outside, which made standing up and going nuts in the stands almost impossible. We brought the kids, and I resorted to sitting my son on my lap to try to stay warm. So basically, I was planted to my chair.
I could not have been more wrong about how the game developed. In the beginning, Clemson looked like the team that didn't come to play. We had chances to really take control, and outside of the opening drive, didn't capitalize. Then Clemson started to assert its running game, and the UK offense became one dimensional and just kind of imploded. I don't understand why Mike Hartline did not play. I cannot imagine a situation that would have called for it more.
The saddest moment was Trevard Lindley falling down and looking up to watch a Clemson receiver haul in a touchdown pass. I've never seen a player's career fall apart like this, and I felt horrible for him.
I also understand Micah went down with a minute or so left. I must have missed it. A shame for him, and I hope it isn't serious.
In any event, I had a great weekend and am already looking forward to next season. We'll talk more in the coming days, as Brooks is reportedly "80% sure" he isn't coming back and will apparently decide in the next week.

No comments:

 
Site Meter