Monday, September 1, 2008

Intro

My obsession with University of Kentucky Football defies artful explanation. I've lived in Lexington for 15 years, having come here in 1994 for law school. I have a law degree from UK, but my alma mater is UCLA. The teams of both schools' have a place in my heart, especially the basketball teams (of course). I am happy when they win, sad when they lose, and generally interested. The same goes for the UCLA football team.
For some reason, the historically least successful of the four major programs is what I save my true love for. Last year, about mid-way through what had to be the most exciting 7-5 regular season in the history of college football, my obsession reached a fever pitch. By Thursday of most weeks, I had analyzed every SEC game for its impact on the Cats national ranking, SEC East standing and bowl outlook. By the end of October, I had booked hotel rooms in no less than 6 different possible bowl locations. My close friends who I also know to be UK football fans received two or three weekly e-mails about all things UK football.
Since last year I started a blog called "Scutch Speaks" which I rarely keep up with. In fact. I've probably posted on it no more than 10 times outside of a long weekend in March where I posted a three day running diary about convalescing from surgery, drinking Bud Light, and watching 72 hours of conference tournament basketball.
With the season starting, starting a blog exclusively about UK Football seemed to make sense. I'll write more and annoy my friends with random e-mails less. Everyone wins.

No comments:

 
Site Meter