Monday, October 13, 2008

Predictions Part 1

A quick hitter this morning with predictions from around cyberspace on where the Cats will go bowling. Bottom line is that the South Carolina loss had no impact among the different sites I've surveyed over the weeks. Each prediction is the same as last week, and in only one case has the opponent changed. In a couple of places, UK was passed by USC in the pecking order, but also leapfrogged Auburn and settled in the same place.

I could draw one of two conclusions from the lack of change. The first is that I am totally overreacting about Saturday's loss, and it isn't nearly the death knell I'm making it out to be. The second is that these experts have 119 teams to worry about, and I only have one. So, they are just not as in tune to how this loss, the lack of progress on offense and the injury to Lyons impact our season. A win against Arkansas will help me make up my mind about that. A loss and you can bet we will drop off of most, if not all, of these lists.

My SEC predictions will come later in the week.

ESPN.com Mark Schlabach
Music City v. Georgia Tech

ESPN.com Bruce Feldman
Pizza Web Site Bowl v. West Virginia

Scout.com
Independence v. Colorado

NBC.com
Chick-Fil-A v. Wake Forest (NBC has us ahead of Vandy in the pecking order. I realize that we still get to play them head to head, but come on. They've already won three games in the conference with four to go. I think this is a reach.)

CBS Sportsline
Papajohns.com v. South Florida

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By not changing their predictions aren't the experts just saying that they all thought we'd lose to USC?

Scutch said...

Some yes and some no. I'd say it has as much to do with Auburn showing poorly the last two weeks and Vandy coming to earth.

 
Site Meter