Saturday, December 20, 2008

Memphis Tailgating

Occasional poster Big Spence turned me on to this website, which offers some great insight into tailgating in Memphis. If you are going to use it to pick a place to park on game day, be mindful to compare the parking lot map to the map provided by the Liberty Bowl's site. It looks like the Liberty Bowl is utilizing some of the space ordinarily open on game day.

I am still trying to secure parking ahead of time. Some spots have been available on ebay but have been going high. Calls to the number provided by the Liberty Bowl regarding parking either go unanswered or kick over to a full voicemail box.

Finally, I tried to secure parking by requesting a press credential. I felt the request was legitimate, since I will be reporting on the game in a forum that could be described as presslike. My request was denied, perhaps by a Liberty Bowl official delusional enough to think someone from the legit media outside of Kentucky or Greenville, South Carolina gives a shit about this game. But at least he'll still have my parking spot and my spot on press row in case Sports Illustrated shows up to report on this pivotal January 2nd game between two of college football's top 60. Bastards.

You have to admit, its pretty money that I even tried this.

1 comment:

TDW said...

So can you tell that I have been clicking on the ads?

 
Site Meter