Friday, December 5, 2008

Memphis

It looks like,as always, I was wrong. The Cats appear headed to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. Here are some quick thoughts.
1. Nashville and Vandy really get screwed in this deal. I would not be surprised if the SEC office didn't try to step in.
2. I am surprised that the Liberty has a preference for us. We have to bring fans a longer way, Vandy has proven itself a better team and has a better story. But if they prefer us and we them, I guess that is the end of it.
3. This will probably not be a very well attended game. UK brass may want to think about that before dissing the Music City. I know plenty of people who would make one trip but not the other.
4. Along those lines, I think this will be a hard sell on the home front for the me. Stay tuned.

No comments:

 
Site Meter